New Patient Registration
The doctors welcome new patients who live within our practice area.
New patients registering with us must see our Practice Nurse to have a Health Check and are given a New Patient Questionnaire to complete on registration which will be used by the nurse when conducting the Health Check. This needs to be undertaken before an appointment with a doctor is made, if possible.
Entitlement to Register
Patients will be entitled to register as an NHS patient and to receive free care if they:
- are ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK with a ‘settled purpose’, or
- present an E128 valid for treatment in the UK, or
- present an E112 which relates to the same treatment as required by the patient, or
- are a refugee who has been given leave to remain in the UK or are awaiting the results of their application to remain in the UK
- Is a resident of a European Economic Area country and has an EHIC card (European Health Insurance Card).
Even if a patient is not entitled to register as a permanent patient, the Practice will provide any patient with free health care if the treatment required is:
- immediately required as a result of an accident or emergency, or
- is essential treatment which cannot reasonably be delayed until the patient returns to their home country, or
- is required as a result of a condition which has been exacerbated during the patients stay in the UK
Patients who do not fall into any of the above categories will not be entitled to free healthcare. However, the Practice may be able to offer treatment on a private basis
Application to Register with a General Medical Practitioner
If you would like to register as a patient as this practice, you are welcome to complete the form below and submit it to us. However, please note that submitting this form does not complete the registration process. You will still need to come into the practice to do this, and there will be other forms to complete. We will also ask you for some form of ID that confirms your name and, if possible, your address.
Alternatively, just come into the practice and complete all the forms there, or take them away and bring them back later on.